Once the “Decision to Admit” has been made, an appropriate Covid-19 Test will need to be performed
- Select the appropriate patient group below
- Perform Test
- Clearly document which test was performed
Patients with Covid-19 symptoms should have 2 swabs taken immediately
- PCR Testing – sent to lab
- Lateral Flow Devices – in ED for result after 30mins.
Record result on EPR as “Covid-19 Antigen Lateral Flow – POCT”
Any patients identified by site commander as needing urgent result for flow reasons
(This also includes direct ward admissions to gastro and oncology)
- Test swabs on ROCHE LIAT machine (performed by)
- Site Commander
- Night Matron
- Stroke nurses
- In ED prior to transfer – Results are in 90mins.
Record result on EPR as “Covid-19 RNA PCR – POCT”
A swab MUST be taken and sent to the lab for PCR testing.
Patient does not wait in ED for result.