Our OPAT service can provide IV antibiotics for cellulitis for those patients that can be managed as out patients but either require IV antibiotics or have failed oral therapy.
- Cellulitis – Failed 1st line Oral therapy for 5/7 at an appropriate Dosage.
- Cellulitis – Requiring initial IV antibiotics (ASSET score 4 or more)
- Inability to manage at home
- Likely non-compliant (e.g. Person Who Injects Drugs PWID)
- Severe Sepsis Suspected OR NEWS2 5 or more (or 3 in one field)
- Orbital Cellulitis
- Necrotising Fasciitis
- Cellulitis Class III/IV