Prevent the spread of infections by ensuring: routine immunisation, high standards of personal hygiene and practice, particularly hand-washing, and maintaining a clean environment. However, Public Health England recommend exclusion in some conditions.
Our OPAT service can provide IV antibiotics for cellulitis for those patients that can be managed as out patients but either require IV antibiotics or have failed oral therapy.
Avian flu is droplet spread and can sometimes effect humans as well as birds. Severity varies in human cases varies widely from mild to severe and deaths have been reported.
Case Definition = Clinical Criteria + Exposure Criteria
Wear Gloves & Wash Your Hands!!!
There have been >100 patients identified as having MPox in the UK during the current outbreak. Most of these cases have been amongst men who have sex with men.
Reports have suggested that although lesions occur any where including palms and soles. Genital lessons and lymphadenopathy are very common
In 2022 we can now refer Covid-19 patients who are being discharged into the “Oximetry @home” pathway.
CHFT staff need to complete the attached referral form and email it to the LCD email address on the form. LCD will then make contact with the patient within 24 hours and onboard them (as it’s an 8am-6pm service).
The trust isolation policies have been updated inline with national guidance.
- Scenario 1 – Staff member Symptomatic
- Scenario 2 – Staff member asymptomatic, with a positive contact (inc. within household)
A joint Medical-Urology pathway has been agreed for Pyelonephritis
Study Running – Send Urine Sample prior to Antibiotics
(if this does not interfere with treatment of Red-Flag Sepsis)
Imaging in ED is only required if ED suspects:
- Ureteric Obstruction – Renal colic symptoms/Hx of stone
- Acute Surgical Abdomen
- Emphysematous pyelonephritis – Rare necrotising infection of the renal tract, presenting with flank pain and fever, 90% in uncontrolled diabetes mellitus (but immunocompromise and stones also increase chances)
- Renal Abscess – Presents with flank pain and fever, risk factors include; diabetes mellitus, Renal stones, obstruction
There has been a resent increase in cases of Legionnaires Disease in the North West. So remember to request Urine Legionella Antigen test, if you have suspicions.