Lots of good stuff again from the virtual #RCEMasc21 – here are a few of the topics that got me thinking Read more
As we know everybody dies, but recognition and palliation of the dying patient can be difficult. One of our palliative care consultants Mary Keily has produced a video on “End of life care medicines”.
- We also have the Palliative care bundles in our quick orders on EPR, to make prescribing easier.
NIPPV 3 machines are used throughout the trust to deliver NIV and CPAP – and should be commenced in ED if transfer to ward/ICU is adding significant delay
- NIV/CPAP is an Aerosol Generating Proceedure (AGP)
- Staff must wear full APG PPE
- In Side room with a door
- Door Marked with APG sign – HERE
- CPAP/EPAP levels of 8-15cmH2O
This video demonstrates how to set up CPAP on the NIPPV 3
My first virtual conference – has been great to dip in and out of all the streams at my leisure. Just a shame they didn’t send some Danish liquorice.
So here is my Summary…..(Kids, Resus, Heads, Others)
A quick but more in-depth than just red-flags and buffalo, sepsis teaching. Covering the pathophysiology and treatment of sepsis
we will follow it up with a teams teaching on: Wednesday August 5th 2020