In recent incidents we have had significant delays in giving OCTAPLEX. So we have developed this advice.
- Activate EARLY in head injury patients on warfarin.
- Order on EPR & Paper [see below]
- Infuse over no more than 30 min
- Recheck INR at 30 min after finished infusion
Prescribing Octaplex on EPR
- Requests & Care Plans OR Quick Orders
- Search: Blood Components
- Coag Factors select YES
- Coag Factor product and units free text Octaplex & Dose
- Complete ALL mandatory fields
- To collect & give Octaplex the [Paper] Transfusion Care Pathway must also be completed
UNSURE if your patient has received OCTAPLEX DON’T ASSUME. Check transfusion have dispensed it!